The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Business AdviceInspiration

Thank God It's Monday813

Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
When I lived in Japan I couldn't tell Monday from any other day.

I loved my work.

It doesn't feel that way now truth be told.

But I am indeed happy to have work.

What do you look forward to most on Monday?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I don't sleep because I always look forward to whatever I have to do that day ... some days drag on but that's part of the course ... I could always have to do real work for a living ... and not for the most part, the fun stuff I actually do.

We'll have to see about getting your mojo back ... it makes work fun and exciting ...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I know when it's Monday mostly because I get more calls and emails, usually from people looking for help who didn't want to bother me on the weekend.

Generally, though, since I work for myself, and mostly from home, I don't bother keeping track of days by name. I use dates to track the few appointments I book, and calendars to organize things into order and spacing by days (blocks), not which day.

I don't wear a watch or carry a cell phone. My internal clock tells me roughly what time of day it is, beyond that I have no need. I can't remember when I last used an alarm clock. Sheesh. Do people still use those? Blah!

I love what I do and I do it when I choose. It doesn't suit everyone but it works for me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
This Monday - I have a lot of catch-up work to do. And promote someone I worked with for a job opening where I am currently contracting.

I will be busy today and the rest of the week - and none of it is housecleaning. For me, this is a good Monday.

I do carry a cell phone, which also acts as a calendar and an alarm clock. I realized I lived many, many, many years without one. I don't know how I managed to do that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh, Monday! Had a wonderful morning walk with my wife. I don't walk nearly as much as I did in Shanghai and you can tell it. We'll do another walk in the evening to round out the days.

I like to keep Monday open and let it fill itself. And it's working out that way.

I don't wear a watch either, though I have many. I like sun dials. There is one in downtown San Jose but it is 15-20 feet in the air so it quite useless.

I am looking forward to my 3:30 meeting today.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel we should meet sometime. It's nice to occasionally see someone and trade stories. Due to an ongoing schedule conflict, it's been a long time since I've been to a Monday evening meetup.

(a San Jose resident - north end)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Member MLHarris private msg quote post Address this user
Monday is a writing day..Today I have other things to do like catching up posting here and updating social profiles. Have a great day everyone!

Mari-Lyn
Post 7 IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Without a doubt @rcayeras. we can go offline. my email is morrnel@icloud.com
Post 8 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev... watch what?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Member fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
Garfield said "I hate Mondays because Mondays hate me first!"
Post 10 IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I love Monday because I enjoy my work. When the Monday is public holiday, I feel disappointed because no concentration.
Post 11 IP   flag post
30445 11 11
destitute