The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum

How do you deal with negative people?386

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I'm active on social media and lots of my real life friends are too ... I'm curious as to how you deal with negativity and negative comments post on your social media channels?

Sometimes I let them go, and others I stand right up and fight my corner ... but I'm getting tired of it.

Any tips would be great...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Member wildplow private msg quote post Address this user
I put up with that stuff for about zero seconds before I just nuked myself and took all that FB stuff down etc. These days, I am more interested in putting ideas out there without having my mug shot associated with it for unemployable troll types to vent themselves upon.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
I am not really on social media, but I feel that ignoring people is the best way, although it is not easy.I think trolls tend to show themselves for who they are. I would definitely pray about it as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Maybe look at the first sentence of your post. "Real life friends" somehow seems to leap off the page. Trolls don't have a real life, and they aren't your "real friends" so are you putting yourself in a victim stance by engaging with them at all. I mean isn't that what that negativity is about.

Maybe just because there is a screaming monkey that lands on your page, you should not be goaded into response, why not just let the screaming monkey sit in his corner and scream. Probably did that at work too which is why the monkey is still looking for a job. No worries about the monkey though, there will be an organ grinder that will show up and employ him, and then bingo...The monkey moves on.

And I am not criticizing you. I went through this stuff too except I got attacked right out the gate so I just shut it. Period. Not saying that my approach is such a good idea, but I decided at that point I was going to just focus on trying to put good ideas out there and try my best to avoid all that stuff.

I'm juuuust sayin.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

It may be surprising but I often find myself on the wrong side of popular opinion. 8)

When I get a negative comment, provided I am convinced that the comment is from a real person, I will ask for data to support their opinion. No data = nothing to discuss.

Post 5 IP   flag post
@wildplow @Steve

Sometimes we can't shut it.

Socrates said, "When men speak evil of you, live so that nobody will believe them."

If you are facing a backlash you must be doing something right. Stay the course.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I don't mind a good debate... it's just that some people I know seem to be getting more and more cynical.

Thanks for all your tips ... much appreciated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sometimes I wonder if I am the epicenter of negative comment. Like a magnet, I may have this effortless attraction. I get enough of that in real life to realize that setting myself up for that kind of stuff with my online persona may be just this side of mind numbing stupidity. And it may be that the more you think outside of the box, the greater the negative magnetism? Of course it could work the other way round.

So now I am wondering about something. And interestingly enough, you are the one that provided the tool. I am going to try an experiment with that very tool you released in my general direction. Namely the Linkedin stuff. Not sure how far I am going to get, but what if I use social media to not be about me, but to be about ideas/references.

What if we set ourselves up under conditions of anonymnity? Will this help? What if we are just putting ideas out there in a kind of detached manner, and then just getting out of the way to allow for allowance. Unemployable Trolls? Whatever!

Since you shared this stuff with me, I am thinking "back at ya" kind of thinking. That is to say, lets see what happens down this road as I/we experiment with this. And thank you for your input as well as the LI link.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@wildplow Let me know how your experiment plays out. I am interested to learn.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
I think we have to realize that people put others down because of their own insecurities. I'm sure everyone has read the comments on YouTube and realized the commenters have issues they need to deal with in themselves, but they lash out at others (and the people in the video clip they are watching).
Post 10 IP   flag post
@dzflower453

Comments have lost their effectiveness ... due to trolls.
Post 11 IP   flag post
You are exactly right on comments. I have read literally thousands of them, and nearly none of them have any sort of power to them. This is why I am about removing the clutter as much as possible from my stuff. Right now, I am in the process of nuking myself yet one more time. I hit a wall with my WooThemes Canvass platform. I am going slowly insane. I am going to just nuke this junk and start over.

Quit dealing with the comments personally. Don't put your mugshot out there for people to throw darts at and see what happens. Just pure idea/thought/connectivity/conciouss stream, and get out of the way to allow for allowance. See what happens.

I would say, that in a Qi Gong focused manner, cut the psychic cr@@-clutter. Is there really room for that stuff considering the times we are living in?
Post 12 IP   flag post
@dzflower453 I think you are more profoundly correct than you know. The undercurrent of psychic disturbance/disruption that is working its way to the surface in these comments goes hand in hand with a profoundly damaged global conciousness that is being slammed and bombarded by a media that is so incapable of truth, that people are looking at the 6 o'clock news and shouting out loud. YOU ARE A LIAR until you prove otherwise.

Whopper and spin and confusion? Of course. This stuff comes from a place where lies and deception are so institutionalized that the average mind cannot fully grasp their full scope now just what exactly is behind all this. Who or what would create this stuff? No to worry about this though because Toto is tugging on the curtain.

So do these people need to vent? Of course they do. Just not on my page. Pretty simple really. Cut the cr** and fight tooth and nail to post relevant truth without having to put yourself in a victim stance trying to individually sort out the psychic garbage that is being literally chemtrailed onto the entire planet.

Just because the entire planet is being blanketed and bombarded with whopper and delusional demented spin-o-rama doesn't mean we need to feed into this stuff. Our job as professional bloggers is to create a media that is the opposite of that.

And in those comments, isn't there this undercurrent of a sort of quiet desperation to actually know what the truth actually is?

I'm juuuuuust sayin...
Post 13 IP   flag post
30476 13 13
destitute