The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
BrainstormingBusiness AdviceNetworkingProductivitySocial Media

Is Retirement a Thing of the Past OR is it a Golden Age Opportunity?2933

Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
Full retirement for many people has meant having the freedom to do whatever you want, when you want, and with whom you want to do it. Boomers however have been trained to work hard and to keep their nose close to the grindstone until full retirement or even past the official retirement date. Everybody has their choice to create their own retirement plan. What do you think given the current economic and political circumstances is the best retirement plan in terms of investments? i.e. Stocks/Bonds vs. Real Estate vs. Gold/Silver AND what would be your best ratio between doing business activities and/or doing leisure activities in your own ideal retirement plan?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
As an online presence consultant and personal mentor, at the age of 66, I am doing exactly what I choose to do and will, allowing reasonable health, do it until the day I die. My "I Can" motto is:

"To give as much value as I can to as many as I can as often as I can for as long as I can!"

This is not an onerous or difficult thing. It is what I choose and want and enjoy. The people I work with, from across all working ages, are mostly looking for the ways and means to develop their own online business. Some are just looking for the steps to take first. Some are looking to improve on what they are doing. Some are looking for the procedures and methods to move themselves to the next level.

Many of my clients are boomers, retiring or retired, looking to make up the necessary difference between their available retirement funds and the lifestyle they want. As times change (economics and politics being the main factors in that change) the procedures and methods may change but the principals always remain the same.

The ultimate goal, of course, always seems to be the creation of recurring, evergreen, income that allows for what is often called the "Laptop Lifestyle". It need not be just a dream. It is fully possible for those willing to commit the necessary "Sweat Equity".

Those who say it is not possible usually aren't!
Post 2 IP   flag post
30467 2 2
destitute