The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Facebook

Facebook decided to screw me, too ...2916

Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I built a page.

Grew it to 10,000 followers using FB ads and lookalike audiences.

I posted daily and did Facebook LIVEs 2x weekly.

The LIVES got several 100 views.

The REACH of the daily posts would be in the 100s with 20, 30 ... 100 engagements.

Hard, faithful and dedicated work on my part.

Then this last week, the video views and the posts reach dropped by more then 80%.

And there is squat I can do about it. Nobody to ask.

I guess I will never learn.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't FB doing some reorganizational stuff on their algo though? Based on all the hacking / privacy issues etc.? Doesn't seem like a stable platform for anything these days....except to keep in touch with your homies
Post 2 IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook changed algorithm again. You can read more in Neil Patel posts Facebook traffic
Post 3 IP   flag post
I suspected that is what hit Belew hard...emboldens me to have less faith in social media on top of everything I hear about it. I try everything, re-tweet old blog posts etc. and does zilch for me. Not worth it. All these algo tinkerings (Google included) have me jaded....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Forum Owner BigPoppi private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure you knew it was coming @belew

Facebook makes their money selling ads and the data and we all know it, and pretty much ensures I see ads that are based on my likes, etc.... personally I don't care because the platform makes me money If not, it would be like watching TV and seeing things I could care less about.

Now with all that said, FB told everyone months ago the old days were done. If you want to grow your reach and ensure your fans see your page you have to advertise. Period. End of story.

If you want to get your stuff seen organically, then you need to start a group. I see way more group shares from those sites I'm proactively visiting. Again, this is good. If I cared about other groups I'd go back and visit and I'd see more of their shares in my FB feed. I don't so FB doesn't show them to me.

I love the new algo because it also means the good marketers survive and many that spend money now won't be able to afford it and will leave the platform freeing up ad space for those of us that know how to market and lowering costs....it's all a learning process that entails spending time, energy and money either in ads that don't work or buying someones program to learn how.

The bummer for many is they are coming late to the dance. The same as it was for Adwords and Adsense. History does repeat itself...

In today's FB environment having a high ticket offer is the only way to make it unless you've been building your audiences for a while and have your offers and target market dialed in....then lower offers can work. If not, you'll go broke!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

So, if you're not selling something on Facebook thru ads you buy on Facebook, then Facebook doesn't care?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belew or someone else documented their experiences running an ad campaign on here and indicated it was so convoluted and hard to understand that the project was a bust though, am I wrong? Like with running ads on Google, you don't really know what the hell to choose or decide upon when setting up a plan because it is so cryptic. You just write your content, choose the demographic and "hope" for the best and all the while behind the curtain, Google is charging your CC for some ungodly amount.

I know no one who's benefitted from FB shares or likes and if you advertise, what guarantees are there? I don't see it
Post 7 IP   flag post
Facebook is much easier to navigate than Google Ads ...

I have been faithfully buying FB ads ... growing my audience, engaging them, getting them to know me and me them so that I might make an offer.

Before I got to the offer stage .... Facebook zapped my reach and views by more than 80%.

I was in the hundreds, sometimes 1000s in reach and views, and now I am in the 10s.
Post 8 IP   flag post
...and what is cost? Is this based on your program you outlined some months ago? I have ChristiaNet continuosly promoting to me and they are talking thousands of dollars to invest in an ad program
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Belew maybe is time to start sharing your posts with similar groups.
I don`t have money for FB ads. But, I grow my FB page to 2500 likes from September.
I find FB groups that have a similar topic like I have and then share some of my posts from my FB page to groups. If they like it, they will like my page.
Post 10 IP   flag post
And just one more thing. With 10.000 likes (followers), you need to post 2 or 3 times a day. Did you post regularly?
Post 11 IP   flag post
This forum is reaching it's end....but, may I show the link to my FB page?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yes, sure.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@BigPoppi

So, if you're not selling something on Facebook thru ads you buy on Facebook, then Facebook doesn't care?

Yes, exactly what I'm saying.... They want you telling others about your life, your pets and food you eat and buying ads.... lol

Here's highlights from the February notice:

But few changes to the algorithm have sparked as much interest and conversation as the recent ‘meaningful interactions’ update, in which Facebook said it would be prioritizing posts that create meaningful conversations, especially those from family and friends

One reason why Facebook will be prioritizing posts from family and friends over public content from Pages is that they believe a person-to-person connection is more valuable than a person-to-page connection.

In other words, content from friends and family tends to spark more “active” engagement from users.

Here's a link you can read the changes.....by the way, one of the easiest ways to get dialog going is to create a group...

https://blog.bufferapp.com/facebook-algorithm
Post 14 IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

And then you have a group of yackers ... then what?
Post 15 IP   flag post
You control the group, you control the yacking... when you have something to sell.... YACK AWAY LOL
Post 16 IP   flag post
It turns out you have to pay to play on Facebook.

You have to make enough back out of your ads that you pay to play with to make it worthwhile.

If you can't get your money back, it's not worth it.

All things considered ... you can't beat the effectiveness of FB ads ... if you have money to play with ... or someone else's money to play with.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I do not agree with you @Belew.
I have been on Facebook since it was created, and the ads were paid only when the client insisted because he wanted quick earnings.
I have a page of 188,000 followers that has grown organically, without any paid ads (btw has no related group)
Post 18 IP   flag post
@JelenaBB Glad to know you disagree.

What is the page? and how much engagement does it create? engagement that converts to sales?

Or is it for branding only?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe someday you guys will learn inbound marketing and find that facebook actually works.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Yes, it's a branding page but they have their seasonal product that sells from September to December. For the five years that I run this page, the sales varied and it ranged from about 3000 to 8,000 products sold in these three months in a year.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Rev

What do you mean FB and inbound works?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

I've developed quite a bit of paid business through facebook but I've never bought (nor would I) a single facebook ad. Most of it has come as a direct result of engagement leading to inbound requests. People ask me to work for them.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Instead of running ads, I send a direct-email to a potential "client" that impresses me enough that their business may have a need for what I offer. No need to spend thousands of dollars....email is free
Post 24 IP   flag post
How long will this forum be online yet? Just curious? Is there a finite date as to when the plug will be officially pulled on this?
Post 25 IP   flag post
@DansCartoons end of this month
Post 26 IP   flag post
someone should take it over for you or whomever!
Post 27 IP   flag post
There are more than 4100 people to say good-bye to.
Post 28 IP   flag post
30438 28 28
destitute