The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum

Can you send blog posting directly?2903

egwebster private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I'm a novice and have a blog posting ready to go out.

Can I send it directly to my contact list?

Which really means I'm asking, can I:

publish the post
then send it directly to those on contact list?

or must I

send an email announcing that there is a new post
and then only those who reply actually get it

Clarification would be appreciated. Thank you . . .
Post 1 IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
I have a growing contact list for my blog, which is great. The contact list is an "opt-in" form for my blog posts.

I use MailChimp to manage the process. It is linked to my blog and the mailing list. I'm sure there are other options, but this is the one I'm using for now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
oh wow . . . that's a whole system I haven't considered. I have about 400 contacts directly in WordPress and there's an opt in section, too.

Thank you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@egwebster:

The number shouldn't matter as MailChimp imports the entire list from your Wordpress blog as a campaign. Easy peasy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
LanceMadden private msg quote post Address this user
Another thing you can do, that is very powerful, is to create a Custom Audience in Facebook using the contacts from WordPress / MailChimp and then you can show them your blog post with a very cheap Facebook Ad (if you have a Facebook page for your business).

Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to help you out if I can!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@egwebster @LanceMadden I used Facebook to "boost" my blog posts. It's just another name for an ad. It is very inexpensive as you can set how much and how many days you want the to ad to run. You also create your customer profile.

I spoke with one of their marketing people twice who walked me through the entire process. It's free, of course, because they want you to use their system.

I'm very happy with the results. I got a lot more visibility by boosting the particular posts. Then, you can use these numbers for other projects.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks to everyone. I'm making my way and will use your good advice.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
"Boosting" on Facebook works. People outside of meetup became members and some attended my last workshop. The ROI -
The physical attendance was about what I expected - 0.1% signed in. $35 over a 12-day period to reach 2000 - 6000, 3 new clients signed in.
The increased membership and followers on 2 meetup pages and 1 facebook page - about 30.

That may not sound huge, but neither was the investment. Facebook has been around for years - this was my 1st attempt to take facebook seriously. For now, I will restrict using Facebook ads to workshops. I am encouraged to hold those more often!

Next trial - does it really increase traffic to an ebay store?
Post 8 IP   flag post
30445 8 8
destitute