The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Content CreationSEOSEO AdviceWordPress

Question about an abandoned blog2897

vicky4227 private msg quote post Address this user
Two months ago I inherited a blog that has been abandoned for more than a year with a single sentence on it that the management of the site will be transferred to someone else.
I installed wordpress and have started furnishing this blog with unique posts. Currently it receives about 5 posts from me daily.
Now here are my questions:
1. Do you think that Google picked up on the sentence that the blog is abandoned and returned it back to sanbox?
2. If yes, does that mean that an old domain name with about 3 years backing will have to undergo the waiting time for sites in sandbox?
3. But if no, that is the site is not returned to sandbox, for how long do you think I will have to wait before I see significant rise in traffic?
I am asking because most of the keywords I am blogging about are sitting between 80th to 200th position, which seem to me like a site in sandbox.
It is only ranking for some spare keywords that are not too competitive which is also another sign you see with sites in sandbox.
I don’t want to go about begging for links all in the name of getting backlinks because you never can know what google has in stock for people getting links from any means necessary.
So please let the experience brains in the house help a brother out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
1. No.
2. No.
3. 6 to 12 weeks.

Forget about links for now. Get content in place. 10 - 20 posts in the next 48 hours, then 3 - 5 posts daily for 2 or 3 weeks, then 3 posts per week going forward. When you have 250 posts in place, start your links campaign. The best links you get are the ones you get without asking. Give people something of value to link to!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for your response. So if I feed the blog enough content from now till the next three months I should see a significant rise in organic traffic.
Well, I guess I am on track then.
Thanks @Rev.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@vicky4227

There is never any guarantee of organic traffic. You must write about things people are interested in. If you are competing in a field already full of prolific writers then you must write more than the other and it will need to be better quality (content, style, keywords) in order to rank above (or even among) the top ranked posts.

There are reasons why those posts are top-ranked and you must do better at the factors that matter. In most cases, in most genres, people are actually doing very little towards SEO so the bar for achieving at least first page positioning isn't very high. Getting to one of the top three spots may take a little more work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Rev

Thanks for the tips. Writing what people care about in a low competition topic will definitely get me found organically.
Message received.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@vicky4227

Please fill out your profile information so we can find you online. I would like to read your blog.
Post 6 IP   flag post
30445 6 6
destitute