Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
@belew - you should be getting a notification! Let me know and THANK YOU
Post 26 IP   flag post
@belew Anything?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons

I just got back from a consulting client. I will get to it over the weekend or early next week.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons

You probably won't like what I am going to say ...

I compared your traffic in the past year to similar time periods in years past.

You started on Apr 1, so I gave it a two months for the regular blogging to catch on ... comparing:

May 1, 17 - Yesterday with May 1, 16 - Feb, 17, 17.

That is comparing two 9-month stretches since you started blogging.

Your organic traffic from:

May 1, 17 - Feb 17, 18 - 15,031 sessions

May 1, 16 - Feb 17, 17 - 9,363 sessions

That's UP sessions!

I went back 2 years to your peak traffic period ... and sure as shooting ... the traffic is DOWN.

May 1, 15 - Feb, 17, 16 - 24,234 session

Compared to last years 15,031 sessions.

Lets look more closely.

Two years ago your visitors spent 31,100 hrs on site.
Last year, despite the drop visitors spent 30,563 hrs on site.

A negligent change.

The quality of your visits has increased tremendously. Fewer people are coming but they are staying much longer.

What would you account the increase in organic traffic to ... and the increase in the quality of your visitors?

I'd say more blog content made a big difference, wouldn't you?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@belew THANK YOU for this insightful research and reporting. You're appreciated. I would never have know that now how to track down that info in my Analytics. I probably won't like what you're going to say? LOL I loved it.... I discovered from an SEO expert who did his own special research that my site was a victim of the Panda / Penguin debacle and was penalized.

Could that also be a part of the lowering in traffic? But I appreciated this, because I can understand through what you researched, the last year's worth of daily blog posting has made an impact in most likely retrieving some of that lost traffic . . . had I not started last April, who knows, right?

Thinking that the answer to your question "What would you account the increase in organic traffic to ... and the increase in the quality of your visitors?" is most likely people paying attention to the blog....

I do offer web designers a free daily web cartoon also, and the info is here: https://danscartoons.com/services/daily-cartoon/ and ironically today, I got this inquiry:

We have a hyperlocal online news site and would like to offer a daily cartoon. What's the costs for this. We have 1000-1500 views per day.

and I quoted him a modest fee per month....the gist of this cartoon is when the code is added on another site, it creates an automatic link to my homepage.

One other question I have is actually my daily visitors, do I go by what is listed in "page views" and is that per day?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Here is a "for instance" example of one web site that uses my daily cartoon: http://www.laramienetwork.com/comics.aspx and when you're on that page, click my daily cartoon....you'll see something happen....(don't worry, it won't embed anything on your computer, lol!)
Post 31 IP   flag post
30438 31 6
destitute