The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Facebook

Plz! Somebody Stop Me from My New Plan ...2891

Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of my mouth.

My good friend looked at me like I was nuts.

It seems to me that Facebook has grown up quite a bit.

I am thinking out loud here and elsewhere (at Panera) ... abt going full out on Facebook. Create a page, publish there, do FB LIVEs, promote, create a group ... the whole 9 yards.

My biggest mental block is my experience in the past of building on somebody else's platform ... getting good results ... then watching helplessly as they changed the rules.

What's to keep Facebook from doing that, too?

Help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook has done that. But, if you have built the audience, I think you just reach out to them when/if the rules change. "Hey guys, I've been using FB Groups to communicate with you all but since they changed the rules... meet me at..."

I am seeing lots of buzz about FB Groups being even more important since the latest FB algo change.
Post 2 IP   flag post
FB groups if/when done well, work well. @Rev can attest to that.

I just hired a guy I met in a FB group.

Facebook has matured.

I just hate the idea of building on something that is not mine.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook is great ... everyone hangs there ...
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Steve

I thought Twitter was ur thing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I love Twitter too

Must be an age thing ... me getting soft and liking FB
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Steve i feel like Facebook has matured. Or maybe I have.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook is great. And it's horrible. It's all in how you use it.

Groups are powerful. But it's results; not numbers. Of course, if you want 10 people to participate in something you'll need at least 12 in the group -- 10 you need + at least 1 to say no + you.

The key, I think, as with any social media platform, is to keep the focus back on your own site. Drive traffic, or let it migrate, (according to your style) back to your own platform and build your real numbers there.

Facebook will change the rules. Just be prepared to go with the flow.

And, as for rules -- your own rules for your group -- be less restrictive for more (good) growth. Think about what others are there for and free them to do it. You'll build a better group in the long run.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Rev Excellent advice from the voice of experience.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Owner BigPoppi private msg quote post Address this user
What people fail to understand is that Facebook is an advertising platform.

If you want to get something out of it, other that watching political videos or peoples' cats and dog videos, oh, and food pictures, then you have to spend some money to make some money.

If you know what you're doing then it's cash on demand if you have a product or service people want, you know your audience and you can articulate an offer. Most of these are learned skills.

The tools FB provides, like Audience Insights, are phenomenal free tools that if used correctly can make you a nice living.

People complain about email marketing and deliverability. With retargeting you can give away your information without requiring an email address and stalk them all over the internet, On Google, Pinterest, IG and YouTube.

You have to know the tools...stay tuned!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
You know, I have never spent dime one on facebook advertising. I have groups with 15,000 and 25,000 members. I 730 email addresses on facebook in about 5 weeks for a targeted list I am building. I have several active groups with real messages, real questions, and lots of real answers. facebook is great. You just gotta work it right. My 2ยข anyway.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Forum Owner BigPoppi private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev - just curious how you got those 15,000 and 25,000 members and over what time period.

Personally, I'm on FB to make Money and create a pixeled list I can market to over and over again.

There's a big difference between that and real messages, real questions and lots of real answers which is a lot of WORK, like you say.

People are looking to make money and do it in a way that allows them to have time and freedom for themselves and their loved ones!

BTW - I'm not saying groups don't work. We use them as well, once we have captured the audience. Trying to get large groups without an existing offline audience or spending hours acquiring them online without advertising isn't for me or my clients.

They want something that is working for them while they sleep....
Post 12 IP   flag post
30437 12 12
destitute