The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
BloggingContent MarketingProductivitySEO

Numbers or consistency?2879

BKatt private msg quote post Address this user
I am trying to determine the value of publishing more than 3 posts a day.

Is 3x each day a tool for production consistency or an SEO strategy necessary for attracting the attention of search engine bots?

In other words, if I become exceptionally productive and publish 100 posts in a week, rather than over a month, (the posts were the same quality in content and SEO formatting), would the 100 posts published in a week produce the same results as 100 posts published over a month?

If the viewer results are the same for either time frame, then wouldn't I attract viewers more quickly if I add as many additional posts beyond the 3x a day that I can?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
100 posts in a week will NOT perform as well as 100 posts spread out over a month.

Quantity is important - 100.
Quality is important - good formatting.
Consistency is important - regular updates to your site brings the bots back regularly and doesn't overwhelm readers. Pleasing to both.
Longevity is important - this guy is not going away.

Not a few people have put up a lot of content in a week or month or even three months .. and then went radio silence.

Activity over a long time done well keeps people and bots coming back.

Think - what kinds of sites do you visit?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@BKatt

This is an older blog post but it is still just as relevant today. It is my take/refinement on something Bill also used to share.

Click ==> 4 Ys Of Success

Post 3 IP   flag post
BKatt private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @Rev!

Curious why "optimize" wouldn't be after "measure" instead of "promote." Is "promote" part of the measuring process?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@BKatt

They are not in any particular order, just mentioned. I suspect I could come up with a few more, too, but it would overload the graphic.
Post 5 IP   flag post
vicky4227 private msg quote post Address this user
While I get the regular posting idea, I am still wondering if the 300 word long post still have a chance of ranking in Google.
The trend of shooting out 2k plus words is overshadowing the whole blogosphere
Post 6 IP   flag post
@vicky4227

The 2K plus word post works well on sites that have an army of 300-word long posts.

Nobody can write 1000s or even 100s of 2K word posts.

Long posts show up in search ... but they don't get read. Nobody can read a post in less than a minute that is 2,000 words long.

When you search and choose a result ... what do you do next? Scroll down and see how long the article is. If it's too long, you back out.

Satisfy the query or the promise you are making in the title. Forget abt word length.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Yes what @Belew said... lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
Absolutely. The tests that show long posts work are flawed in themselves. Yes, they bring traffic to your site, but bringing "traffic" to your site is not the aim. Bringing interested, or focused, traffic to your site which then converts to followers, customers, clients, etc. IS.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I believe that is the main aim of starting an online business and writing to get traffic that converts.

I for one get bored the moment I scroll through a page to find out that it contains more words than I want to read.

Short posts on the other hand gives me the urge to want to know what the writer is trying to say.

So yeah, I understand why short posts get read easily.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The 'key' if there is one to getting longer posts read are well placed sub headers that tell the overall story and entice readers to jump in ... and well placed images.

People want to see what they are reading about or read about what they are looking at.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I guess it is more of writing naturally and passing the message naturally without making wordcount the primary focus.

Formatting it to be readable no matter how long is what is required to help visitor understand what you are trying to get them to do.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@vicky4227

If your titles, ledes, images, subheaders and such are properly done, all you need to do is write naturally.

When all else gets confusing, write for real people. Bots are nearly sophisticated enough that they will figure things out in the long run for you ... but not always.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@BKatt I have two sites - one I posted 3 x a day for six months, the other 6 x a day for five months.
That was nearly three years ago.

I dropped posting down to two or three times a day, then once a day, and now one of the sites only gets one post a week; the other one a day.

All those posts I put up are my little soldiers working away to get lots of attention. I know this because even though I have dropped the number of posts dramatically the visitor numbers remain the same, and are very slightly going up.

If I choose to post more regular now, I'm sure the site analytics would zoom up.

My advice - do what you can do, be consistent as you can, and be patient.
Post 14 IP   flag post
30467 14 14
destitute