The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
http://bookads.co I took a chance on this company. They were being promoted by a number of other online publishing co's. From what I can gather they were hit with a ton of sign ups and got bit behind. However I have been happy with the results so far. Might be hard to show this.

There are many campaigns that are not working, and they are probing into different profiles. Nice how Amazon only charges per click, and I have a limit of $10 per day. It seems to be picking up momentum, I will stay with it as long as it's profitable.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Member julesthoughts private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I want to know more about this campaign as it progresses. I like the idea of a daily budget. When you get time please go into this in more depth, areas like your concerns, what you like/ don't like, whether overall you have seen an uptick in sales/reviews etc.
I need to get more into marketing my work. Still learning it and yes, I am using that as my excuse not to get things done.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
how is the campaign unique with Google Adwords?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jmolan ... got an update on this?

Still worth your time?
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
Sorry for my late reply. I arranged the campaigns that have sales. The service I'm using runs $49 a month. I have not done the math, except it seems to be chugging along (paying for itself and earning a little) so I will let it ride.
I recently received an email from the guys running these campaigns, and they have some super-duper plans to really rocket the sales, but at a much higher price (of course) If anyone is interested I could put you in touch.
At this point I need to make a new book cover and get a speaking video produced. Hope everyone has a good New Years.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@jmolan

So are we to look at the spend column (your costs) and compare to the Total Sales column? How much you made.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@jmolan Of course it helps that you have a really good book, too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@jmolan

So are we to look at the spend column (your costs) and compare to the Total Sales column? How much you made.

Yes, that is Amazon AMS (Amazon Marketing Service) cut or cost per click. Also subtract the $49 a month for the contractor who is running these campaigns
Post 9 IP   flag post
@jmolan

Tell them to keep doing what they are doing. You are way ahead.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@jmolan If you have spent $85.65 at $10/day and made $465 ... why not double or triple the daily spend and make 2x or 3x or more?

What's holding you back from throwing more money at the project if the cost to manage $49/month is the same?
Post 11 IP   flag post

A couple things, the $10 a day is the limit I would go. I am charged $.07 per click by AMS.I just ran the numbers and the top campaign would stop at 142 clicks per day. I see what you're saying, I could up the Budget and see if we get more response....duh?
Post 12 IP   flag post
@jmolan

Don't listen to me.

If something is working I tend to work it so hard it breaks.

I tell my clients, if what they do is working, keep doing it. They don't need me.
Post 13 IP   flag post
hahaha, Well I just shot an email asking why we not up the budget to $50 a line. If we get the clicks, we should get some sales...lets see...thanks Bill!

Hey I just inked a deal for 24 gigs on the cruise ship this summer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@jmolan 24 gigs!!

"Attention passengers. Please make sure Jack Molan stays in the middle of the ship. Whenever he moves to the port or starboard, the ship begins to turn ... "

That's a lot of eating.
Post 15 IP   flag post
24 gigs? Around the world maybe?
Post 16 IP   flag post
No each one starts in SF, SEA, or VAN and goes to Alaska. I am onboard two nights is all.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Couple of images from last year.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@jmolan

Lemme know when/if you are in SF for any length of time.

We can get together and tell lies to each other.
Post 19 IP   flag post
30445 19 19
destitute