The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Business Advice

Do you have seasons in your schedule?2600

Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
It's my daughter's last days of school.

Stsrting next week for the next 3 months I will have a different schedule EVERY week.

It's tough on being productive.

How abt you? How do you cope when your achedule changes often?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Member MagieL private msg quote post Address this user
I have been going crazy with changing schedule daily. It's nerve-racking sometime but I keep thinking these days will pass soon to keep myself calm and relaxed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Member realmc private msg quote post Address this user
It happens every week for me with my husband's work schedule. What I do:
1) Prioritize my daily lists with the A (must get done), B (should get done), C (needs to get done) and list in order numerically
2) Use my essential oils for calming when stressed
3) Double up on the days with more time available
4) Pray first and ask God to order my steps in His word
5) Remind myself that there is only One perfect and that's not me so it's okay if I don't get everything done that I want to do.

Need me to submit a blog post about it? 😄
Post 3 IP   flag post
@realmc

#4 should be at number 1 ... but I am certainly not the one who sets a good example there. 8-(
Post 4 IP   flag post
Member ChuckNolan private msg quote post Address this user
Many days the priorities unfold in a totally different way. While I have little time for the more traditional social activities, which can be a bit lonely, I am always looking at a backlog of things to do.
The lack of a resource for the highest priority task, simply opens up time for the next task where progress can be made. If I can effectively multitask, I can get even more done.
Some times discouragement, particularly with people, can rise up in a mind numbing way. Thanks to the advice of many good coaches, at many talks and seminars, because I couldn't often afford the fees for the one-on-one sessions, at the times when I needed the guidance the most, I continue to be way too busy to have much time to waste on discouraging occurrences and related negative thinking.
I do assist in a minor way in my Church service, pray everyday for many things, including wisdom, and spend time after each service in deep discussions on spiritually relates subject or on counseling people on effective communications, which corrects the causes of many of life's more painful experiences.
Once in a while, an opportunity to pray for divine healing occurs. Once in a while, God chooses to expose his power in these wonderful moments.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
LOL Homeschool life, Bill. It is all chaos, all the time.
My husband also has a less than ideal schedule. Sometimes he gets called for overtime the day of. So, I intentionally keep a light schedule. If I have a particularly busy week we announce to everyone in the house that we are in "survival mode."

(I also pay the older children extra to help pick up the slack when I am getting paid by clients to get work turned around fast.)

I DO find managing the unknown stressful. I have a calendar, spreadsheet, and task management app to help me keep everything on track. I use the calendar to visually assess when I'm overdoing things. I also try to work when children are sleeping. ; )
Post 6 IP   flag post
Member tleckels private msg quote post Address this user

I just sit back and relax while I'm watching the best show of all time. I call it the "Trump Daily".
Post 7 IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I live near a city that is said to have four seasons in one day
Post 8 IP   flag post
@SusanDay

We used to say where I grew up, "If you don't like the weather, wait an hour, it'll change."
Post 9 IP   flag post
Member realmc private msg quote post Address this user
Bill, you are right about #4. I caught that when I was replying but didn't correct it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Good grief. I thought I had it all under control. But it is the first full week of the month which means clients just checked their content calendar and hit the panic button.

Two people made contact today for work, just as I was preparing to close the doors for the month. Luckily, two other commitments are coming in slower than expected.

Summer, clients, and kids--it makes herding cats look easy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@TParker

And soon it will be full summer vacation for the kids to boot.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Member tleckels private msg quote post Address this user
The city that I live in has two kinds of weather, either its sunny and windy or cloudy and dismal. That's what you get when you live in a coastal valley in California.
Post 13 IP   flag post
30445 13 13
destitute