The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
If my primary goal is to conduct keyword discovery and track keywords rankings to complement my writing service, which SEO tool is the best choice. I'm most familiar with MozPro and like its ease of use. I don't do any technical SEO but on occasion alert clients to a problem (404 error, etc.).
Post 1 IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@TParker Great query. I am interested in this very same subject.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@TParker Hey- if you're just trying to do some keyword research/discovery, try Google's Keyword Planner - free and it gives good (though slightly tilted) information. Want a keyword research tool you're going to pay for? I like 3 of them - SpyFu, SEMRush, and SearchMetrics- all for different reasons.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The most important thing you can do is- answer searchers intent, include contextual, semantic, and ancillary keywords into the copy, using correct page sculpting and tag structure, becoming familiar with GTM and rock those internal links to create a woven body of work.

You don't want to create pages for keywords but... answering queries where those keywords can be used in the phrasing of the need/request for information.

This works magic for me. Helping people out first... and shamelessly promotional.

Primary Money Page (Targeting "money" keywords)
with links:
Ref.internal page link [IP1] Targeting contextually related keyword [phrase].
Ref.internal page link [IP2] Targeting contextually related keyword [modified].
Ref.internal page link [IP3] Targeting contextually related keyword. [exact]
Ref.external page link [EP1] Targeting url or reference subject keyword in anchor.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks. I've been looking at SEMRush. I like SEOPowerSuite's price, but the UX is a bit too technical for me. MOZPro does a good job of presenting information for us non-tech people so I'm a bit spoiled.

Page sculpting and tagging aren't in my skill set yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Think of your site as a book with Parts, Chapters, and Sections. All contributing to making one super duper reference.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tagging helps the search engines parse and pull out useful information from your page.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Once you understand that most analytics and some research data capture is sh!t its easy to ignore and filter a lot of the clutter. Just because you're seeing data points, and charts, doesn't mean that it's useful.
Post 8 IP   flag post
30438 8 8
destitute