The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Business AdviceEmail Marketing

Upsell - question about creation2578

Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
I am working on creating an upsell system for my Focus Folder and Jump Start Coaching.

The landing page will be for the downloadable pages for the focus folder. If I want my first upsell to be the full focus folder (and not just the pages) what is the best place to put this?

Should it be in my email thank you for the focus folder pages? Or should it be BEFORE then?

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
I think you are looking for a technical answer, but I had a thought from a consumer's perspective.

I get so annoyed when the callout box to join/subscribe is the first thing I see. It's like I am not allowed to look at the content unless I give my email address first.

From a customer's perspective, let them know what they will get after giving them something of value. I cannot tell you how many 'free' videos I've set through that sounds completely like an infomercial. Once in awhile, I see one that actually gives valuable information and I appreciate that kind of video so much more. It's like you earn my respect and loyalty. But if I don't see some value, some concrete value, then you won't get my business.

I don't think this is what you were thinking of, but I hope it helps in some way.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@FrugalTravelsNepal I'm the same way - which is why it took me FOREVER to add pop-ups to my website. Wouldn't you know it, Google heard that I had added them and then changed their algorithm to punish websites with popups Now I only have one that pops up when you leave - wait, don't leave without your free gift.

Yes, on the upsale (I realized I was spelling it wrong), I'm trying to find the different ways I can approach this technique. I have the products already lined up.

Thanks for responding.

PS. My videos are only a minute long and I never try to sell you anything
Post 3 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang

Is your web site so busy that you need to upsell visitors?

Or are the visitors and sign ups few enough that you can give them personal attention?

Maybe it is too soon to try to upsell?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Belew Fair enough. Thanks for that idea!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang I have seen lots of sites that were quite cool ... and nobody coming to them.

I'd focus on getting traffic ... doing biz personally with those that come ... then concern myself with automating this that or the t'other.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Would the technique be the "upsell" and the transaction the "upsale"?

The absolute worst for me is the one that hits right after I pay for my product and attempt to download it, and it goes something like...

"But wait! If you want the rest of your stupid product -- you know, the better videos or the bits that make it all hang together right, just pay $77 more and we'll let you have that part too. We love serving suckers..."

Makes me really want to deal with these people again. Didn't their pitch say I was buying the best, most complete...? ::sigh::

I have come to love people who sell what they sell -- offering me a good something for a fair price. When I buy it, it is because I know I want it and I'm happy to pay for it. That's win:win.

Don't jerk me around with the latest funnel back-sell-up-sell-down-sell-up-your-nose-sell gimmicks just to try and part me from my money. That's for losers! Me AND the marketer.

Really???

Look, it's good marketing "science". It's lousy trust-building engagement!
Post 7 IP   flag post
30438 7 7
destitute