The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Blogging

Blogging Success for travel writer1889

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure who blogs here... but this guy is making a mint from his efforts and traveling the world to boot.

The million-dollar blogger and his life of total travel

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/29/travel/million-dollar-travel-blogger/index.html
Post 1 IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve Wow, what a story, love his blog - his focus is incredible. Why can't we all do the same and make the dollars from our blogs?

Thanks for sharing
Post 2 IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve one more comment - he owns over 100 sites and makes good money from each site. His lowest income month has been 12k and so far the highest is 60k - he is still adding to his site tally along with his own blogging - anyone out there ready to push harder and make more?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am skeptical.

He manages 250 sites while on the fly?

I'd like to see for myself.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Member Katie_Ellen private msg quote post Address this user
My daughter's generation, it's v-logging that's the earner. A couple of years ago, she went to Manchester, it's biggest venue, see someone called Tyler Oakley, visiting the UK from the US.

Famous for being, um, famous. Seems like a very nice, fun young man, but what the heck? It was just chat on stage. No skills, not a comedian or a musician, but a cult of 'personality'.

Weird phenomenon. This though, lends itself to sales/commissions from travel companies I imagine? Surely he's got to have them all linked up, or he wouldn't have time to do anything else, not even go to the loo.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Member jewellswriter private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like he outsources. The article states...

"In a move "The 4-Hour Work Week" author Tim Ferriss would be proud of, he outsources a lot of the hard graft so he can work just a few hours each week."

However, it would still take a lot of work to manage or even keep track of that many sites.

Still... if he's making half of what he says he's making, that's pretty darn good.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@jewellswriter

I am skeptical.

He has to have a staff that he manages. He can't do this much by himself.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Member jewellswriter private msg quote post Address this user
I'm skeptical too. I'd like to believe it's true, but there's a lot of work involved with writing and posting one good article with images...and staying out of trouble.
Post 8 IP   flag post
there's no such thing as easy money ....
Post 9 IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
I have a blog about traveling to Nepal and it's taken years to get up to 1,000 hits a month. I know my social media skills are not good.

One thing that has helped is building up my twitter following. Within just a couple months I got up to 5,000 hits in one month.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@FrugalTravelsNepal

Where can we read your blog?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Member FrugalTravelsNepal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@FrugalTravelsNepal

Where can we read your blog?
@Belew @Belew

Sorry, I can't see how to respond to Bill's comment. Here are my blog posts: http://FrugalTravelsNepal.blogspot.com and http://kaygarnayfornepal.blogspot.com

Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
30438 12 12
destitute