The Best Business Forum
The Best Business Forum
Blogging

How Do You Handle Guest Post Requests?2884

Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am getting overwhelmed with guest post requests.

How do you handle them?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I always set guidelines as to the number of words and links which they can include. I've never had to knock back a guest post because of it being unsuitable.

I never say no because it all adds to my content in the long run.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Site Admin Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

These folks want to pay me.

Do you charge or just accept?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tagning private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! You are the lucky one. I only get a few requests in a while from people who are ready to transform my time into money. The majority is sure they do enough by having crafted their awesome pieces of text. On the other hand, I do guest posts myself on Essaybox sometimes and I love the possibility to do it on a free basis.
Post 4 IP   flag post
vicky4227 private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew
By guest post do you mean they want you to write for them or they want to write posts for your blog?
If they are requesting from you then I think you should charge because you deserve it after all the influencers you've tutored.
If they are asking to write on your blog then charging decision is up to you to make. If you want to accept contents to boost the number of post on your blog, then no problem.
Personally I would accept posts for free.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I give some worthy, Guest Posters a solid rel="nofollow" link and if they're putting up something really consequential or I see value in a future relationship I might give them a brand mention and a "dofollow". Most fall into the category of 3rd world farmed out copy, spammy links- those get a "nice try" from me.

Google looks at both "nofollow" and "dofollow" links- both have value. In part because of RankBrain (Google AI Machine Learning software), unlinked mentions are rumored to also be regarded (its confirmed that Bing does this.)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Member janicewald private msg quote post Address this user
I was overwhelmed by freelance writers looking to write guest posts for me so they could get a link. Now I charge. I used to accept money if they offered. Now, I insist. I also have criteria regarding links and word count and topic.
Janice
Post 7 IP   flag post
JeanetteSHall private msg quote post Address this user
The guest posts I have done (meaning have written a post for someone to end up on their site) either have been altered because their word length requirements had changed, or their sites no longer exist. Otherwise was a waste of my time.

Have tried to get other people to post on my site, but since I do not use a common operating system we have trouble getting the information to pass between us. Did have one great experience with author Jacqueline Obyikocha. What she did was have me fill out an interview for her to post on her site! Turned out to be a wonderful experience for us both!
Post 8 IP   flag post
30445 8 8
destitute